Best Home Security System Companies

With thousands of home security companies to choose from, how do you choose which one is right for you? 

Most people make this decision based on who is standing at their front door trying to sell them a system. But the security of your home and family is not something you should leave to chance.

This top ten list has been created to help you make an informed decision about how you will protect your home, your family, and your business.

1. Frontpoint Security

As far as I've been able to find (and I've searched high and low) no other security and life-safety company offers a bigger bang for the buck that Frontpoint's Interactive monitoring package does.

What I like most is the technology, pricing/value, portabilility, convenience, full-service, low/no pressure sales, knowledgeable employees, short hold times, transparent pricing, and short contract periods (optional).

Most of all, I appreciate the stellar customer service. Investigate yourself, and you'll see. Their own website is a great resource to start with... fantastic website. Then do some Google searches.

2. Protect America (GE)
 
Using GE technology as the base for their security monitoring service, Protect America offers some of the most reliable monitoring on the market. Protect America offers numerousdifferentconfigurations that can be installed using existing phone lines or wirelessly, and you can even install the system yourself.

Not only is it Protect America reliable, it's also affordable, with monitoring services coming in at 20 less than most home security companies. Their terms are also very flexible. If you choose to, you can even install your security system yourself, thereby reducing the terms of the contract you sign for service.

3. Vivint

This system should be ranked #1 over Front point! Why it is not is a mystery to me. Vivint has everything Front Point has and has more. Can't get locks, can't get thermostats, and the two way cell monitored panel is ancient compared to the state of the art panel Vivint uses. Vivint has the fastest response time in the industry. 

In fact the only thing Front point has that Vivint currently does not have is an outside camera. That's because the outside camera front point has is wired. 

Vivint is committed to a totally wireless system.. Price wise, 400 bucks got me 2 wireless camera a, 2 key fobs, 2 wirelessly controlled door locks, 2 thermostats, 2 extra mobile alarm panels, 12 of the new energy saving light bulbs with the light control system, a siren for the upstairs (we have three floors), and smoke and fire detector.

All this under their home automation package. 68 bucks a month.. If you add cameras to Front Point $54. BEST DEAL IN THE INDUSTRY. Work your sales man though.

4. ADT Monitored Security System

We've had ADT for many years and have had zero problems. I had to learn my lesson the hard way with one of the local companies. I was broken into on Christmas day and they were closed! No dispatch! They cleaned me out! 

I was so furious but there was nothing that I could do (they did let me out of my contract... ) I learned that day that you get what you pay for. That's why I chose to go with the industry leader b/c they have the long time reputation as being the best (who else has 130 years experience? ) I couldn't be more pleased.

On a side note, I did have a salesman come by my house from one of the other companies trying to upsale me on why I should go with their new home automation/ security system. 

I really don't understand all of the hype with these new faceted gadgets. I bought a programmable thermostat from Lowe's for $50. Does almost exactly the same thing. 

I also have enough common sense to set my alarm system before I leave the house. I don't understand the big deal about being able to turn my alarm off and on from work. 

I also believe that when you make a system too complicated that you increase the odds of a malfunction. I did look online and saw where ADT also offers these features as well.

5. Pinnacle Security